Friday, January 28, 2011

Dressing up

I feel like getting dressed up in this year means something completely different than getting dressed up 20 years ago. Has our society lost the appeal of spending an hour getting ready with the perfect outfit before a night out? Why even bother reading a high style fashion magazine when our big night out involves jeans and maybe even (gasp) a pair of heels? My favorite new going out top? A perfect combination of going out looking cute but still fashionably comfortable. I bet your seeing it everywhere lately. Great styles seem to have that effect...
A great button up silk shirt still has an element of casual but can instantly dress something up. I caved up and bought the silky see through one from American Apparel.
On a side note I totally HATE the american apparel website. Okay I understand that they are trying to promote equality and that any type of woman can be beautiful but seriously who wants to their clothes modeled on ugly woman. Call me critical but I'm just saying what you're thinking out loud. You have to love American Apparel for their classics though. That ballerina dress will never tire. Me in my American Apparel shirt below obvs. We all look so classsy volunteering at the French embassy ya know the usual.
Okay so back to the button down shirt....the one on the right from the picture on the top is my fave. Classy but silky dressy at the same time. From Madewell which we all know is the cuter Jcrew. If you have never been in there GO. It's like a special mix of Anthropologie Jcrew and urban together. Supercute. So just do me a favor the next time your going out and attempt to mix it up a little. Don't just pull on those same pair of skinny jeans, boots and a tee shirt. Pull out that silky shirt that you think is too nice for just going to a friends house...I have news for you it's not. You know how people say working out and crying makes you feel better from getting endorphins? Well I think of it as when you get dressed up you get those same endorphins. I always feel so much more confident when I look my best and I know I didn't just run out in a sloppy outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment