Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brandwhores xoxo

We are all guilty of it. Why else would designer names be so popular if everyone wasn't wanting to be recognized as a designer diva. What's the point of spending $2,000 on a Marc Jacobs bag if everyone who you walk by on the street doesn't know that its MJ and how much approx. you spent on it. Yes, I am guilty of this myself, but I would like to think I'm maturing with this. No longer do I long for the chanel bag with interlocking C's in the beautiful black leather or the Tory Burch flats with the gold panel on the front. (Okay guilty I own the Tory flats but to be honest they are so uncomfortable. $200 on blisters...really?) I'm beginning to really wonder if people actually would buy brands if there wasn't a logo plastered all over it. My favorite example of this is Alexander Wang. Yes he has a well known brand that everyone salivates over, but you will not see his name plastered over any of his products. I am now finding I have more respect for designers earning popularity and status through this than the new Chanels breaking out.
Are these rainboots really worth it for the $190 dollars just so that everyone can see you walking in the rain knowing you are wearing Burberry. Yes I understand the status totally but if they weren't Burberry and if they were regular plaid would you still buy them?

I try to beat my brand whoreness poking out with these Burberrys. Hey I can't help it if I love the brand, but I don't want to advertise it all the time. These supercute black rainboots have just the right amount of plaid.
Lastly I just have to show you this ridiculous tattoo I found on tumblr. Tell me this isn't real...If you're this obsessed with Louis Vuitton spend the money and get the goods instead of stamping it all over yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment