Monday, April 18, 2011

You can really be a celebrity??

www.stylesalt.com- check it out. No but really it is so cool.
I have to admit I found this on stumbleupon a couple of weeks ago while being bored in class and immediately had to find out more and blog about it! My favorite feature of the website? You pick a celebrity, probably one that you idolize their style of the most and find them under the list. I had a hard time choosing between Mary Kate Olsen, Kate Moss, and Nicole Ritchie but eventually I chose Mary Kate. Hey what can I say? Old habits die hard. After clicking on the celebrity you are shown a bunch of her well known and very stylish looks. Click on the one you love and get the look! Immediately items are shown that are very similar to the picture. Now I have to admit this website bares a very similar resemblance to the articles in Ok magazine and US Weekly that say get the stars look but who cares? It's fun and who wouldn't want to wear similar clothes to an Olsen twin? They also have an aspect of the website that you can just shop on from their many boutique carriers.

Now onto the biggest news of the century...why has the United States suddenly literally become revolved around the wedding of Kate and William. Now, as a extreme Lady Di lover I would never belittle a royal wedding, but please. Lifetime movies being made before they even get hitched? I can't help but release a little cackle about what would happen if the wedding never happened. There are already so many comparisons being made from Kate to Diana. In my opinion, Kate will never compare. Given, her natural beauty but not nearly as breathtaking or stylish as Diana. She would have to really throw herself through a hoop for me to even start to compare her to the style icon Diana became.

This is my favorite picture of Lady Di. A night of glamorous Hollywood charm while dancing with John Travelota at the White House ball. I kid you not I did not copy this statement from underneath a picture. I was so obsessed with Diana at one point I must have at least 10 books in my house just dedicated to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment