Sunday, April 10, 2011

Toms: Friend or Foe?

Okay so I saw my friends wear sandals out today for the first time in a long time....(yes I am rolling my eyes along with you reading this). It is a little soon but don't worry summer is just around the corner. Sitting here thinking about my camp summer job awaiting me when I get home in June I know my required shoe wear from the hours of 8 to 4 everyday are a pair of sneakers. Never being the type to be able to pull of the high tops last year I settled with converse with a little leather edge. The year before it was a pair of free city vans. Do I look like the normal sneaker girl to you? So this year leads me to the dilemma.. do I go with a statement sneaker again or something a little more versatile? This year's answer? TOMS. A quick celebrity fix for a while but they are still around a year later which leads me to think the transition from fad to staple is quickly occurring. The question still remains are these casual eco shoes really considered sneakers? Some pros to toms: The fact that when you buy a pair you help a child in need with a pair of shoes, they have so many different options. Now but here's the real question...do you wear socks with these?????? Fashion girl needs help! Toms started with the simple colors and now are going as far as to offer pairs you could even (insert gasp here) wear to prom. Absolutely no clue that if I do decide to purchase a pair they will be in basic black. But still I can't decide....

No comments:

Post a Comment