Friday, April 15, 2011

A few months late to the party?

Okay so it is finally spring break! It's a little weird considering all of my friends had there's at least a month ago, but were fashionistas we take a break when we can. Tonight was so nice just to relax in the dirty jersey back in the comfort of my favorite chains and real brand name non designer food. I got the idea from a friend to watch "The September Issue", which I have embarrassingly never seen before. Having got through the wonderful hour and a half of the movie, only being slightly interrupted by drunk videochats and bbms from friends (sup college) I learned my true love. No, I am not going to say Anna, but instead Grace Coddington. From the movie the knowledge that I gained was that Anna is an ice queen in the front, but yes I can believe that there is some warmth underneath those sleeveless floral dresses. I am now really interested to research about her daughter.  I couldn't help sitting here wondering how my life would have been if I had been the daughter to Anna Wintour. Grace on the other hand was portrayed in the movie as the overworked real operator behind Vogue. Through the documentary she was intensely put down by Anna continuously and then eventually did one small shoot right in the end. I would have never known that they had started Vogue at the same exact time. Has there every been a rivalry between them? Does Grace secretly resent Anna for getting the title that everyone in the world would die for?
Here are some future readings about the documentary:
ny times
http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117939369?refcatid=2471
but here's the real question: who is the bigger ice queen: Meryl or Anna?

No comments:

Post a Comment