Monday, March 21, 2011

Since when has fashion gone orthopedic?

Looking on the nordstrom shoe site as I was #dying in class tonight I suddenly was faced with the realization why are all of spring's new shoes looking like they belong on a 90 year old? Have shoe designers decided that they can take their old designs and just stick a wedge onto it? Ugh it is going to be harder than I thought to find new shoes for the upcoming seasons! Let's take a look at a few examples:
Toms. Simple and plain hipstery shoes that can be only be worn by some. If you can carry the regular toms off it is more than likely that you would not feel comfortable wearing a wedge let alone a red wedge. EW

Slides have never been fashionable in my opinion. Yes in seventh grade they may have been cute nothing since then. So what if they are comfy? Deal.
I managed to find one cute pair of wedges that are cute especially for the fact that they are Coach. usually I am so anti coach with their obnoxious c's all over the place.

I feel like the wood will always be more chic than having any other type of wedge. At I'll leave you with one pair of my dream wedges...oh Nicholas Kirkwood you never cease to amaze me.
Anyone want to lend me $895 for these puppies?

No comments:

Post a Comment