Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To Tweet or not to tweet

Okay maybe its just me or has twitter become newly popular? I was on record one of the first few of my friends to have a twitter about three or so years ago. Why all of a sudden has it become such a revolutionary idea to tweet? Our culture has become revolved around knowing what everyone else is doing every second of every day.
Check out this article featured on vogue.com today: http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/beauty-is-a-twitter/. It brings up a good point that literally everyone in the industry is getting a twitter. It is the new the way for stores to release special sales and for celebrities to gain more press. Watching E News they now specifically report on what celebrities are tweeting. Is this necessary? Lately I have started re looking at my twitter to glance at what some celebrities are saying. Maybe its just that this is not a new concept to me, but I have absolutely no interest in tweeting to random people exactly what I'm doing. 1. I have a facebook to tell people what is going on with me. 2. who really cares? 3. Will twitter eventually replace the popularity of facebook? I get the thrill of feeling you are exclusive with celebrities close thoughts but really......c'mon lets move on already.

No comments:

Post a Comment